Tuesday 24 April 2012

Carry Case Nightmare

Oh man... this is a nightmare.

So I have three armies (plus 'nice one offs' which Im now calling 'Hero Models') all of which formerly lived in shoe boxes all just thrown in together... NOT happening again!

So I need to sort out some nice foam cases for all the models. Preferably 3 army cases and one smaller case for the Hero Models (I actually own an old small GW case... Its just foamless atm, so if I get some foam that can be used for the hero models)

But looking at army cases is just giving me a massive headache. Seriously. They are RIDICULOUSLY expensive for what they are. Come on!

The GW case looks really good, and it seems like one case will hold a whole army of mine with space for expansion... which is cool. Heres a pic of it:

I like how its now twice as big as the old case that I have, so one side can hold the infantry and the other side can hold heavier stuff. I really like it, and I'd love to have... well, three of em.

But its £62?! So if I wanted three that would be £186... thats just stupid. Really, come on, thats stupid. No way. No way.

But I'm trying to shop around and everything just seems so stupidly expensive! I can't believe I'd ever say this, but for what you get.... the GW case actually seems to be the most practical and affordable. and thats crazy.

KR do some nice stuff... and although the crappy cardboard boxes are cheaper than GW, by the time I've bought enough boxes to hold everything, I'm only about £40 shy of getting 3 GW cases. Plus the sheer choice at KR is giving me a headache. Its too complicated and theres too much choice, I can't work out what I want or need....

An example of one (of millions) of variations of the KR case:

Urg, someone please help! All my models are sitting on a table that I nicked from the lounge, and my housemates want it back... I have nowhere to put these damn models! Arrrghhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment