Monday 23 April 2012

Finally done!

So, finished stripping and fixing models... FINALLY!

So here's everything that I've managed to salvage from the garage, all ready for the next step:


They break down like this, left to right, top to bottom:

The Tau

HQ:
Shas'O Crisis Battlesuit
Ethereal

Elite:
6 Crisis Battlesuits (two will act as bodyguards for the Shas'O, three will make one team, and the other will be alone)
3 Stealth Suits (one leader)

Troop:
2 10-man Fire Warrior teams with pulse rifles (missing 4 models!!)
1 10-man Fire Warrior team with pulse carbines (missing 1 model!!)

Fast Attack:
8 Pathfinders (3 rail rifles, one leader)
14 Gun Drones
2 Stealth drones (one for Ethereal, one for Shas'O)
Devilfish

Heavy Support:
Hammerhead Gunship
3 Broadsides


Spartan Space Marines


HQ:
Commander
Command Squad (4 men)

Elite:
Grey Knights (5 men)
Deathwatch Kill-Team (10 men)
Dreadnaught

Troops:
2 10-man Tactical Squads

Fast Attack:
Assault Squad (10 men)
Rhino

Heavy Support:
Predator
Whirlwind
Land Raider Crusader


Imperial Guard: 171st Sierran Rangers


HQ:
Command Squad (5 men *missing Colonel [going to use Commissar Lord])

Elite:
Kasrkin Squad (10 men)
Ghost Team (10 men)

Troops:
3 10-man Shock Troop Squads

Fast Attack:
Sentinel
Chimera

Heavy Support:
2 6-man Support Squads
Leman Russ
Basilisk


As well as these three complete (nearly) armies, I've also got the following:
(these are all models which I think are cool and intend to keep)

- Colonel Schaeffer's Last Chancers (plus Sly Marbo as... I forget his name, the other main guy in the novels. EDIT: Cage! thats his name!)
- Gaunt's Ghosts (the 6 man pack plus every different model from the blister packs)
- Emperor's Champion (converted)
- Magneus Calgar and Honour Guard
- Creed and Kell, plus two limited edition standing Cadians and a wounded Cadian
- Inquisitor Cortez and Retinue (psyker, converted kasrkin and the funny mini dude)
- Two female Ghosts, one with a GS hood, one without (I'm going to use one of these for my Inq28 warband as the character Mira, undecided which)


Finally, I also have these leftovers and scraps:

- 15 random Gaunt's Ghosts models
- Scope from the Last Chancers
- Nork Deddog (sp?) Ogryn
- 4 Cadian meltagun troopers
- 4 Cadian plasmagun troopers
- 8 random Cadian Troopers
- Cadian Colonel, medic and standard bearer
- extremely random and out of place Aragorn model... someone fell into the wrong box!
- Space Marine Sergeant (limited edition I think?)
... aside from Aragorn and the ltd ed Marine sergeant, I think most of those can go on ebay/bin/dark box at back of wardrobe.

So, to complete the squads in those armies, I need the following:
Commissar Lord to act as the IG Colonel
Ibram Gaunt model to lead the Ghosts
1 Pulse carbine Fire Warrior
4 Pulse rifle Fire Warriors

that should do it! Ive got enough Fire Warrior pieces to make 3 of those 5 needed models... annoying.

Im going to mention this, because on the off chance that anyone actually reads this, I know they'll think it. Yes, it might be weird - even against the rules - to include Deathwatch and Grey Knights in the same army. I don't care. Its my army and I seriously doubt I'll ever play against someone (if anyone) who actually cares. Hell, I don't even own the codex. Infact, while I'm saying this, I'm putting the inquisitor in with the space marine army.

In that missing 'favourites box' I keep mentioning I've also got 5 Grey Knight Terminators plus Brother-Captian Stern, so when I find and strip them they'll be joining the Spartan army too.

Im sure someone will also poke holes in having the Ghosts in my Guard army... again, I don't care, they fit the fluff and if I ever get the codex I'll find a way to make them legal (even if they're just a veteran squad or something).

Anyway, its late, I'm tired, and my room smells of paint stripper, so I'm going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment