Sunday 22 April 2012

Where'd everybody go?!

Err... so that was a disappointing trip.

I sifted through the garage for aaaaaaages and only came out with a few boxes. What the hell happened to the rest of my stuff?!

Worst of all, I kept my 'favourites' box separate from everything else so it wouldn't get lost or damaged... and in a piss-take twist of fate, I can't find the damn thing! I have NO idea where that is, and its quite upsetting cos it had the best of my stuff! Including ALL my Inquisitor models and some cool original sculpts by Greenstuff Gav! ack!

So what have I got? Three shoe boxes of models. One army in each.

I've got Tau, Space Marines and Imperial Guard. What the hell happened to my Space Wolves?! I know the rest of my Grey Knights are in said favourites box, along with the metal LOTR things and Inquisitor stuff. So I need to find that.... but seriously! Space Wolves! Where?! I found a Warhammer fortress that I'd painted to look like a lame Minas Tirith, definitely gonna sell that on eBay!

I also couldn't find any of my books (rulebooks, codexes, Eisenhorn and Gaunt's Ghosts novels etc)... But I didn't really look too hard for those.

So I've spend the last couple days stripping all my minis and fixing bits that are broken (why, why, whyyyy does GW need to sell two types of plastic glue?! I felt like an idiot walking into the store for the first time in 6-10 years and saying "erm... can I buy some plastic glue please?" "Sure, what are you glueing?" "erm... plastic?" "yes, but what?" "err.. plastic models?" "yes but we have two types, thick and thin" the guy then proceeds to put them in front of me and I'm so stupidly surprised by the stupidity of having two types of glue that I just stand there for a full minute just staring at them. "err... that one". I still don't know which I got in the end. POINTLESS! anyway....)

I also bought a s**t load of dettol to strip the models in, and this photo shows how far I've gotten:

(please excuse the bad photography. Believe it or not I'm actually a photography student and own a badass £1200 Nikon D300s DSLR... I just can't be assed to get it out! So iPhone will have to do for today!)

I decided to paint strip everything so I can just start again (to be honest, none of the Space Marines were even undercoated, and most of the Guard were only undercoated.. it was mainly the Tau and other things here and there that needed stripping!)

I havent painted minis in ages, but I like to think I'll be able to do something better than just crappy block colours I did in my youth. I want to try and get proper highlights and such going!

Loads of the models got broken while in the garage, so I've fixed those, and even more got bits broken off during the stripping....


Good thing I bought glue!

Here's a slightly closer look at the legions:


When all the models are stripped and reassembled I'll make a proper list of what I have.

I've made such a mess of my room with this dettol :/ also, if you're doing it for yourself...

a.) don't hold text conversations with your girlfriend. Taking those gloves off everything causes a massive mess. Plus panics when you get painty dettol over your shiny iPhone.
b.) don't keep dropping the slippery models into the dettol, it splashes. When that then gets in your eye (TWICE) if causes a scene as your rip the gloves off (mess again) and rush to wash your eye out. Again.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, the name of this blog - Veredus - was the name of my Inquisitor character back in the day (I hate how I'm now old enough to say that!). He is the only model that I know the location of... unfortunately its sitting on my Dad's desk, because when I quit the hobby he really liked it so I gave it to him as a present! Definitely not getting that back! Ahh well, Im sure Veredus will reappear in some way or another!

I forgot to say, I also found my GW case with all my paints in... they look ok, though I'm reluctant to use them due to the paint range change. I also found some Tau sprues... Fire warrior, kroot and gun drones. I hate kroot (I want to use humans for CQB!) but the rest should be enough to fix models and maybe make another 10 man Fire Warrior team!

I guess that will do for now. Just need to finish stripping models and glue em back to together!

No comments:

Post a Comment